I guess everyone has something that is traditional to eat on New Year's Day. I know my grandmas have always fixed black eyed peas and greens or cabbage. I know one is suppose to bring you good luck, one for good health and another is for money and so on.... You get the picture....I really have to say that these old traditional sayings are fun to remember as a child ,but as an adult I have learned and know that there is something or should I say someone that controls my life and his name is God....I am glad that I serve a God that I don't have to eat a certain food to have good health or peace in my life but all I have to do is go to him in prayer. I can call apon his name and he hears my cries. He knows me as his child and I know him as my Abba Father. My prayer for all of you is to have a healthy, happy, safe and BLESSED New Year. I still eat the same foods on New Year's though because as a child I grew to like them very much and it is a stroll down memory lane.....
No comments:
Post a Comment