Sunday, January 23, 2011

My DARE Graduate.....

I am stepping back in time just to get caught up and get these things documented. A few months ago Chandler was given a very big honor in his school's DARE program. He along with five other students in the fifth grade were chosen to be Role Models. They were recognized in front of the DARE Graduation ceremony and had their names listed in the program. I don't think Chandler realized that this was a big deal.To him the qualifications for this award is really just everyday behavior for him. As well as the other four children picked to share this award. For me as a mom I was very proud. I often wonder when he is at school or at a friend's house is he behaving the way he should? Is he using his manors or doing the right thing? I think as a parent we should always remind our children that even if we are not right there, God is. He sees and hears every thing we say and do. I want my children to know that their life is a testimony to others. I want them to live their lives not just by doing what I teach them to do and say but to live and act according to his word. Thank you Lord for my children and may all that we do and say always honor you!

No comments:

Post a Comment